Saturday, April 8, 2017

I Didn't Go

In the last post I said I would have a race report from King's Valley. Well, I didn't go.

I can justify spending a bunch of money and getting my ass handed to me when the weather is nice and the experience is still fun. But I checked my iphone every two hours yesterday, trying to decide if the weather was going to hold up enough to make the trip. Most hardcore racers would say I was being a chicken, and I definitely was. A good sufferfest hardens you. However, the forecast was stuck on 40 and rainy. I would have survived, but I wouldn't have had fun. And at this point, fun is the only reason I'm going out there to get canned. So, I stayed home this morning.

I woke up and planned to go for a long run. That way I could at least stay a little warmer if I got dumped on, and I wouldn't need to endure it for 3+ hours. It was blue skies the entire time. Ran a good pace, and even took a KOM by two minutes. Regret set in and I started to think I made a bad call. I'm more fit than expected and the weather seemed perfect in Eugene. Then, I heard it started hailing during the bike race...

Pro's
I had a great run and saw hints of fitness
I saved about $100 total in expenses
I wasn't miserable for almost 4 hours

Con's
I'm not the badass bike racer I was last year

No comments:

Post a Comment