Wednesday, April 5, 2017

It All Came at Once

It's been over a week since my last post. That's a longer gap than I ever hoped to have on here. But it was for a good reason! I promise.

Last week was one of those times where too many good things happen all at once, and it turns into a stressful balancing act. For starters, it was spring break. That hasn't really been something to celebrate post college. In fact, at the current day-job, it means things get really, really busy. Everyone is off to Mexico, and I'm left walking their dogs and making sure they are given back cleaner than they were dropped off. It was one of the busiest work weeks I've had in months. Normally, I'd just muscle through, but I'm also training new staff how to groom, for when I say farewell. Things were going a little slower than usual, and I was at work longer than expected everyday. If that's all there was to it, it'd be no problemo. More hours aren't so bad. It's the additional exciting stuff that made the long day-shifts seem inescapable.

I finally got some writing work! Not just one piece to work on, but three. So, yeah, I had a lot on my plate. But I took it in stride. "This must be the real world," I thought. There were a lot of hours spent working, a few hours of sleep, and thirty minutes here and there to scarf down pizza. I didn't get much time to run or bike. But I didn't have the energy for it either. And that's OK, because all the hard work paid off. Big time. All the pieces were well received. All the training opened more time for me in the future. And all the pizza was delicious.

This week it seems like the world is trying to repay me for my efforts. On Monday, Rian and I were handed free tickets to Momma Mia. A sweet date night I couldn't normally afford. Yesterday, a day off work. Today, another big project offer, huge tips from grooming customers, and no rain.

I hope to get back to consistent posting here, and consistent riding out on the roads, but knowing all my hard work and persistence is paying off has me feeling good about where I placed my efforts and what the future could hold for me. I have a race this weekend, and it probably won't turnout any better than the last one, but I bet the write-up will rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment